Back pain affects 80% of Americans at some time in their lives. It comes in many forms, from lower back pain, middle back pain, or upper back pain to low back pain with sciatica. Common back pain causes include nerve and muscular problems, degenerative disc disease, and arthritis. Relief is just a phone call away.
Call the offices of Dr. Maringola today! Middletown, CT Office 860-613-0108 or
Meriden, CT Office 203-237-6325
What Are the Symptoms of Back Pain?
Most people have experienced back pain sometime in their life. The causes of back pain are numerous; some are self-inflicted due to a lifetime of bad habits. Other back pain causes include accidents, muscle strains, and sports injuries. Although the causes may be different, most often they share the same symptoms.
- Persistent aching or stiffness anywhere along your spine, from the base of the neck to the hips.
- Sharp, localized pain in the neck, upper back, or lower back -- especially after lifting heavy objects or engaging in other strenuous activity.
- Chronic ache in the middle or lower back, especially after sitting or standing for extended periods.
- Back pain that radiates from the low back to the buttock, down the back of the thigh, and into the calf and toes.
- Inability to stand straight without having severe muscle spasms in the low back.